- Always have plenty of chilled, filtered water for guests to help themselves.
- A liter of liquor makes about 20 mixed drinks.
- There are about 5 medium (5oz) glasses of wine in a 750 ml bottle.
- For a 2 hour cocktail party, allow 2½ aloholic beverages per person.
- Have plenty of ice, over a pound per guest, more if shaking martinis. It's not expensive.
- Use smaller glassware to avoid over-serving.
- *Never* let your guests serve themselves alcohol.
- At cocktail parties, red wine is generally more popular than white.
- Basic bar is vodka, scotch, gin, bourbon, rum, vermouth, domestic & imported beers, and wine.
- Most alcoholic beverages can be bought on a sale-or-return basis.
- Obligatory mixers are cranberry juice, soda water, tonic,
Diet Coke®, regular Coke® and Sprite®.
- Garnishes should include lemons, limes, olives, maybe onions & cherries.
- Pass a unique drink upon the guests' arrival - it´s fun and memorable!
- If serving frozen drinks to over 20, rent a high-capacity machine.
- Serving Martinis? Chill the glasses if possible.