- Cool down the house considerably before the guests arrive
- If planning an outdoor event, ALWAYS have a rain plan!
- If parking is difficult, pamper your guests by hiring valet parkers
- If a chance of rain, have plenty of umbrellas to borrow
- Hire off-duty police officers to assist with traffic and security
- Inform neighbors if you are planning a large party
- Do not throw away boxes or lids for beverages or food until afterwards
- Tents are an ideal way to add space to your home or event venue
- Have plenty of double-lined trash cans around in obvious places
- Have tables for guests to drop glasses & china while navigating the party
- For a three-hour cocktail party, have on hand 2½ glasses per person
- Rental glasses, china and flatware are returned dirty. Don't skimp.
- Play five hours' worth of CDs at random
- Suggest appropriate attire for musician(s), make sure the piano is tuned.
- Strolling magicians, illusionists & artists can provide memorable experiences
- The right linens, dishes, and chairs can add elegance and a distinctive look
- Here's How to Fold Napkins